Migration and Asylum Research (MAR) is the research consultancy arm of the Information Centre about Asylum and Refugees. Based at the Runnymede Trust, London. MAR works with local and national government, public and voluntary sector agencies to bring fresh perspectives on asylum and migration through high quality, professional consultancy services.
We carry out applied research, advisory work, project and policy evaluations, and information provision in policy and operational areas.
In line with our ethos of social enterprise MAR is both market-driven and value-driven with a distinct social purpose. Our participatory approach invites an exchange of information and ideas between our clients, communities and the organisations they seek to influence.
Our ability to produce high quality research outputs rests on our three basic strengths
- Our work is evidence based
- Our work is practice based
- Our work is quality assured
We currently provide three main types of consulting services for clients:
- Media coverage impact analysis. Analysis and assessment of media coverage, impact in relation to migrants, refugees and asylum-seekers.
- Attitude studies - public, practitioner, migrant. Analysis of the drivers of public attitudes; of the impact on communities of public attitudes; of practical initiatives to change public attitudes.
- Needs assessment (of migrants, refugees, asylum seekers and special groups). Assessing the needs of migrants, refugees, asylum seekers and special groups (e.g. people with disabilities) in relation to social issues such as housing, health, employment and education, and finance.
Clients continue to commission research from us because of our
- Detailed knowledge of asylum and migration issues in the UK, and the policy, legal and financial conditions in which stakeholder organisations currently operate.
- Clear perspectives on policy formation and implementation from high level debate and influencing through to end-user and service-delivery perspectives
- Strong links with asylum and migration practitioners, policy makers, and migrant and refugee community groups.
- Proven ability to deliver - we will work with your influencing and commissioning timetable
- Qualitative and quantitative research expertise.
- Tried and tested project management skills